(620) 532-3111324 North Main St.PO Box 168Kingman, KS 67068

(620) 532-3111
324 North Main St., PO Box 168, Kingman, KS 67068

Fire Department

Steve Drosselmeyer
Steve Drosselmeyer (7/84)

Fire Chief

Dale Robinson
Dale Robinson (1/86)

Assistant Fire Chief

Darrin San Romani
Darrin San Romani

Secretary/Treasurer

The Kingman Fire Department is a volunteer service serving the City of Kingman and surrounding areas since 1885. Department meeting are held once a month on the last Wednesday of each month. Visitors are welcome.

Kingman Fire Department

Companies

The Kingman Fire Department is composed of three companies, each led by a captain.

Company A

  • Captain Don Ziegler
    Captain
  • Chris Arensdorf
  • Mike Henning
  • Cody Robinson
  • Blaine Boswell
  • Rick Harrison

Company B

  • Gregg Thimesch
    Captain
  • Brandon Gibson​
  • Clint Drosselmeyer​
  • Stan Ziegler​

Company C

  • Cody Drosselmeyer
    Captain
  • Bill Suenram
  • Darrin San Romani
  • Brian Suenram
  • Mike Miller

Service Areas

  • City of Kingman
  • White Township
  • East Ninnescah Township
  • West Ninnescah Township
  • Hoosier Township

Mutual Aide Agreement

  • Wichita
  • Hutchinson
  • South Hutchinson
  • Harper
  • Medicine Lodge
  • Spivey
  • Cunningham
  • Norwich
  • Zenda

Equipment

  • 2017 Ford Grass Truck x2
  • 2009 Ford Tanker/Grass Truck
  • 1992 Ford Pump Truck
  • 1991 Ford Grass/Personnel Truck
  • 1987 Ford Tanker Truck (4,000 gallons)
  • 1983 Ford L8000 Tender
  • 1978 Ford Snorkel Truck
  • 1966 Ford Pump Truck

Department History

On April 27, 1885, sixteen Kingman citizens gathered for the purpose of forming a city fire department.

The Kingman Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 was formed by the election of officers. Elected were J.M. Nickell, Fire Chief; L. A. McManamy, First Assistant Fire Chief; E. H. Andrus, Second Assistant Fire Chief; E. A. Newman, President; and C.W. Gibson, Secretary/Treasurer.

The by-laws were completed on May 11, 1885. To begin their treasury each fire department member was charged 25 cents. Their first fire drill was held May 15, 1885.