The City Manager is hired contractually by the City Commission to oversee the day-to- day operations of the City organization. The City Manager serves as the CEO of the City and is charged with the responsibility of supervision, coordination, and administration of the City. The Manager must supervise all daily activities of the city and must review and oversee departmental operations.
The City Manager and staff work to ensure that the city’s needs are met in an efficient and effective manner. The City Manager is also responsible for:
- Implementing policies established by the City Commission.
- Recommending and administering the City’s annual budget.
- All personnel matters, including hiring, evaluation, discipline, firing, etc.
- Assisting in policy research and development.
- Preparing reports and agendas for meetings.
- Gathering data in response to citizen inquiries regarding City services or operation.